Today will be a crazy day so I am already up (early for me, 5am). Mike is traveling until this evening and I am getting ready to leave for our trip back home to Halifax. Our flight in the morning is at 6am.
Today I have to:
- Take Bella to our vet where she will be staying (they put her in the cat room)
- Get Max and Timber to the kennel (the less luxurious place where they will be staying)
- Take Hudson to daycare despite the fever and cough he is having (I can hear him in his room now trying to sleep but coughing) and hope that I get a few hours before they call me to pick him up
- Do some business for the shop (nv - Clothes for Men)
- See my very best pal, Vickie on her birthday. Happy Birthday Vicster!
- Oh - and get to the office for another day of software development
Vickie and I are very excited about what is happening with the store. Our manager has quit to move on to bigger and better things (gasp!) and Riley is taking over. Riley is a friend of ours who is very smart and very awesome. Vic and I have worked with her in the technology scene for several years so she knows what to do when the printer won't work (have you checked the on/off switch? No? Well try that first). She knows how to run a good marketing and conversion campaign AND she has a great eye for fashion. Riley is a different type of person than the other folks who have managed the place for us previously. We are stoked to get a new marketing plan in place, get the Fall merchandise out and get back to business!
In honor of this chatter about the store, here is a picture I took at the Fall Market a few weeks back. We actually know this dude, his name is Wes. But what is with his 'mullet-hawk'?
More gratuitous pics of the family.
I may have to remove this one if too many of you get me wigged out about pedophiles on the interwebz.