July 12, 2010

Kitchen Sink Bath

Hudson was filthy last week but we could not tear him away from his nightly viewing of 'Woody' long enough for him to get in the tub.  So what does a resourceful Mama do? She does whatever works.

Because seriously, not much in our house is worth fighting about.  And I've heard this makes me a pansy Mama, but I'm okay with that. We don't do Ferber, we don't force meals, or enforce bedtimes, we don't turn the doorknob around to lock our kid in his bedroom at night, we don't cut holes in Hudson's pacifiers and we certainly don't argue over a bath.


















How sexy am I in my nursing tank and bright red yoga pants?   And WOW my kitchen was a mess that night!
















































And then the little bugger took my rubber glove and filled it up with water.  That part was uncalled for.


















I managed to rescue the second glove.
















































And voila! A clean, tear-free toddler.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I am in complete agreement with your "no rules" attitude. We follow the same guidelines in my house and it makes life so much easier, for us *and* our son.

Second, thank God someone else has some clutter on their kitchen counters besides me (mine are worse than yours and I only have one child). No offense!

Lastly, you should introduce your son to Pixar's "Cars"--there's a whole new product line of toys to buy!

hudsonsgranny said...

Sometimes it is more fun in the kitchen sink anyway. Looks like lots of fun. Now all you have to do is teach him how to do the dishes at the same time and you will have it made.

Jeni Q said...

I don't think you're a pansy mama!